Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Burning Out


Hi. I entitled this one "Burning Out" not because I'm burning out but because Hanuka is over and the last of the oil has been burned. This Hanuka was special to me because I'm in the Old City celebrating it. It's Hanukiyot all over the place. It a huge switch from the states where there is so much materialism. For those of you that haven't had a chance to read the story of the Macabees you really should. They were fighting against a threat to their beliefs from the Greek influence of selfishness, paganism, and uncontrolled passions. This isn't to say that it's this way ONLY in the states. There are some places in Israel that are the same. Hanuka is for the individual to see what foreign influences have invaded their conscious and eradicate it.

The last day of Hanuka I was coming in from prayer and noticed the only wick that was still burning. It was like a mashal to me to keep going even when others have burned out. Here's a picture of hit. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment