Thursday, December 25, 2008

Turnaround


It's amazing how my time is flying over here. I feel as if I've been here forever but still a short time. Those of you that have ever been here may understand what I mean. My day is so compacted that it feels as if I've lived here for a while. However, it's only been 4 months. It's almost 2009. I will have only 5 months more to be here starting in January. Once Pesach rolls around my time here will be up shortly after.

I'm trying to appreciate Yerushalyim every minute of the day. It's still feels great going to the Kotel HaMaaravi. It's still feels great walking to Mea Shaarim. It's still feels great just to stand outside and see the Yerushalmi sky. I wish I could live everyday as if it was my last day here but sometimes the day-to-day clouds my thinking.

Baruch Hashem this week has been a week that I have been able to appreciate it. You'll remember that I had a really bad week and was ready to either find another yeshiva or just return home. Well this week has been a major turn around. I spoke with my rosh yeshiva on yom rishon and yom sheni I started working with a different chavruta. It's not that my previous chavruta was bad but we just didn't have the same chemistry. My new chavruta is not really new. I've had him before. My learning has shot up tremendously.

This week has also been fun because it's Hanuka, we've had half days, and there are jelly donuts all over Israel. Mmmmmmmmmmm. So now I've had time to do a little introspection. There are still a lot of things to do before I leave but for now. Learning is good and Israel is good.

Chazak!

No comments:

Post a Comment